Pragmatic, analytical and sociable
Steve has broad expertise and experience in executive and commercial management, strategic planning, business case development, financial analysis, procurement, staff management and policy development.
Steve has an analytical and problem-solving mind, complemented by his specialist financial skills. He has experience engaging with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of organisations, and an ability to quickly examine, understand and solve client challenges.
Steve has been a consultant with Cube for almost ten years following a successful career as Chief Financial Officer at the Melbourne & Olympic Parks Trust.
Steve’s strengths are his financial and commercial acumen, and whilst working at Cube he has delivered an extensive range of business cases, strategic assessments, options analysis, organisational redesigns, business segment reviews, contract management engagements, procurement (including specification development), business planning, financial modelling & analysis, and business process re-engineering.
When he is not at Cube, Steve loves following sport particularly his football teams – the Western Bulldogs and Eltham Football Clubs. Steve also play barefoot bowls with old footy teammates occasionally.
Experience | Highlights
- Investigating departmental savings opportunities for the Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources (formerly DTPLI), utilising forensic accounting and commercial analysis skills, engaging productively with Chief Finance Officer’s stakeholders across reporting agencies (on behalf of the Director of Finance) and achieving consensus
- Developing compelling, robust business cases for two health infrastructure projects: Goulburn Valley Health Redevelopment ($169m) and the Ambulatory Care Centre at Ballarat Base Hospital ($72m)
- Inaugural, key Project Working Group member of the Melbourne Rectangular Stadium (AAMI Stadium) Project ($270m), overseeing development of Business Case and negotiating maximum funding with Treasury – ensuring ongoing long-term financial viability of Melbourne & Olympic Parks Trust
- Operating Cost Review of the National Gallery of Victoria, resulting in substantial reform of organisation expenditure and delivering ongoing medium-term financial sustainability for NGV
- Reconfigured the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development’s contractual strategy, structure and pricing model for Asbestos, Reinstatement and Preventative Maintenance to meet unique emergency maintenance requirements
- Conducted a Value For Money Review of the County Fire Authority’s Fleet Maintenance Division, benchmarking its statewide operating model and performance against peer organisations across Australia.
Education | Accreditation | Boards
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting)
- Certified Practicing Accountant
- Accredited Review Team Member for the Victorian Government Gateway Review Process.