Motivated and genuine, Kathryn is calm in her approach to solving complex problems. Kathryn draws on thirty years of public sector experience to help organisations work better, for their own people and to deliver greater public impact.
Kathryn’s skills in organisational development, transformation and driving change are underpinned by her strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Her ability to help organisations transition to contemporary and innovative ways of working, while maintaining and strengthening their culture makes Kathryn a highly sought after and trusted advisor.
A Fellow of the Institute of Public Administration Australia (Vic), Kathryn was named one of the Top 50 Public Sector Women in Victoria in 2019.
We think Kathryn’s calm approach has to do with her time spent on the yoga mat or running around the Tan. When she is not at work you will find her immersed in a book or planning her next trip around the globe (as soon as travel restrictions are lifted!)
Experience | Highlights
- Developed and implemented new structure and operating model to deliver on the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning’s promise to put the community at the centre of its work
- Developed DELWP’s Diversity and Inclusion Strategy, and drove implementation of ‘all roles flex’ and gender pay audits
- Led DELWP’s Digital First strategy to build digital capability
- Served on the board of Cenitex, the Victorian Government’s ICT shared service provider, building a more customer focused strategy
- Led transition to the newly established Department of Health and Human Services following machinery of government changes
- Facilitated departmental participation in external reviews, including Royal Commissions, coronial inquests, Ombudsman investigations and VAGO audits
- Designed and implemented the Youth Support Service, an early intervention program to help young people at risk of entering the youth justice system
- Played key role in developing a $228m COAG National Partnership on Indigenous economic participation boosting jobs and opportunities for Indigenous business in government procurement
Education | Accreditation | Boards
- Graduate Certificate in Business (Communications)
- Bachelor of Arts
- Graduate, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Certified Organisational Coach
- Non-Executive Director Whitelion