Bringing ideas to life gets Andrew out of bed in the morning. Andrew is passionate about working with clients to confidently plan and implement initiatives that transform their organisations.
This ranges from reimagining critical business practices, to rethinking and executing new ways of working. Andrew takes his clients on the path from vision to confident execution, always with a dose of practical calmness.
Andrew has a strong appreciation of the unique challenges associated with delivery in public bodies. In Andrew’s experience, public purpose organisations move in such dynamic environments (never more so than now), that traditional project management methodologies are overly restrictive, and can stifle project outcomes.
We’re not sure how Andrew achieves this level of zen. Maybe it has something to do with his love of climbing high mountains, diving in deep oceans and taking long road trips. Or it could be his methodical, diligent and patient approach to helping others make change.
Experience | Highlights
Andrew’s recent work includes:
- Working alongside a justice enforcement agency to rethink their business practices and make better use of the agency’s resources to deliver on its strategic objectives.
- Developing a future operating model for CFA, that included engaging with uniformed members, volunteers and VPS staff across Victoria, and developing plans and recommendations that addressed different stakeholder needs.
- Directing Cube’s support for the VCAA’s 2020 and 2021 VCE/VCAL programs which included both program management and communication support.
- Establishing and managing a Program Management Office (PMO) for the Department of Health and Human Services to transition disability services to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), empowering Victorians to have greater choice over the supports they require to lead an ordinary life.
- Developing and implementing a project management framework for VCAA to align initiatives to good practice project management methodologies
- Working with Visit Victoria, Department of Jobs, Skills, Industry and Regions and key stakeholders to identify ways that encourage and support Victorian-based tourism events.
- Developing a compliance prioritisation framework for COVID Quarantine Victoria that provided the Executive team with confidence in the design and implementation of critical compliance controls and compliance monitoring.
- Working with Life Without Barriers (LWB) to support the transfer of disability accommodation and respite services from the Victorian Government DHHS to LWB. This change included the transfer of staff (in three parcels and initially by secondment) who brought their own culture and ways of working to the organisation.
- Providing project support to Grampians Health following the announcement of the merger between four health services. Andrew worked alongside the project leads at each service to establish project plans, and embed good practice project management principles. Andrew worked alongside the project lead to develop the overall program plan and communication strategies.
Education | Accreditation | Boards
Master of Philosophy (Industrial Systems, Manufacturing and Management)
Bachelor of Arts (Economics)