Combining an eye for detail, a creative approach and a curious mindset, Michael is driven to make positive change for all Australians.
Leading our Evaluation and Review practice, Michael brings over 30 years of experience in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Michael’s work spans all areas of social policy with particular expertise in early childhood, education, justice, health including mental health and human services. In addition to significant public policy consulting experience, Michael has extensive experience at executive levels in the Victorian Government including leading early childhood programs, policy and regulation.
With deep skills in program management, resource allocation and budget processes, Michael has expertise in everything from policy initiation to implementation. Having focused his entire career on having impact, making a difference and using evidence and collaboration to drive outcomes for individuals and communities, Cube Group provides Michael with a perfect opportunity to continue this important work.
When he’s not at work, you’ll find Michael travelling (or planning his next trip) with his family, making pizza or editing his kid’s uni assignments.
Experience | Highlights
Michael’s recent work includes:
- Development of whole of organisation strategy for headspace, the National Youth Mental Health Foundation
- Designing, developing and implementing a new evaluation approach for nationally funded Indigenous programs and services
- Leading the evaluation of student wellbeing programs to drive program improvements
- Developing business cases anchored in evidence and data for out of home care programs
- Designing a monitoring and evaluation strategy for federally funded secondary school scholarships for First Nations young people
- Reviewing the role and purpose of the then Indigenous Family Violence Regional Action Groups (now Dhelk Dja Action Groups)
Education | Accreditation | Boards
- Executive Master of Public Administration
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) from the University of Melbourne
- Senior Executive Fellow of Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government
- Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
Board Member, Parenting Research Centre