Ben is a strategic planning and business performance expert, and Cube’s founder and managing partner.
Ben works in partnership with clients to develop bold strategic plans, strengthen leadership performance and design operating models that achieve real, enduring change.
He has over 20 years experience consulting to public purpose clients across Australia, including federal, state and local government, a vast array of public entities, community service organisations and industry associations.
Ben is a highly sought after facilitator of high energy, uplifting strategy sessions with boards and executive teams, and has a unique ability to drive consensus around complex problems, ideas and strategic directions.
Cubies describe Ben as a ‘snowball roller’ for his ability to seed new ideas and then bring teams, partners, authorisers and communities on journeys of positive change.
Outside Cube, Ben chases after his fast-growing boys, jogs the beach foreshore (a little slower each year), and nurtures his love-hate relationship with the golf course.
Experience | Highlights
Ben’s recent work includes:
- MCing large-scale public sector forums and conferences with executive and Ministerial participants, including session facilitation and ‘on-stage’ panel moderation
- Partnered with Jobs Victoria to design and facilitate a State-wide program of Local Jobs Forums to support inclusive employment and overcome barriers to workforce participation
- Led the development of a competency framework for the future Victorian public service workforce, in partnership with IPAA Victoria
- Engagement-led strategic planning for the Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health, Goulburn Valley Health and the University of Melbourne Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
- Justice and community safety strategic planning with organisations such as the Victorian Magistrates Court, the Victorian Coroners Court and Court Services Queensland
- Strategic planning for Visit Victoria, the Melbourne Convention Bureau and the Melbourne International Film Festival
- Strategy development for progressive member-based organisations such as the Australian Computer Society, RSL Australia and Scouts Victoria
- Place-based strategic planning with Victoria’s Metropolitan Partnerships and Suburban Revitalisation Boards
- Crafted an engagement program for Victoria’s 9 Regional Partnerships and led the development of regional outcomes roadmaps containing key social, economic and environmental priorities
- Partnered with community organisations on key strategic reviews and initiatives, including Uniting Vic-Tas, Anglicare Victoria, VACRO and Life Without Barriers
Education | Accreditation | Boards
Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) (Strategic Management)
Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.